Make money with WordPress methods abound across the internet. Many of them rehash the same old thing over and over, without giving you any real grasp of how to actually generate income with a WordPress blogging platform.
In this tutorial, you’ll read about how you can use WordPress as a content management system to do almost anything a regular website can do, but without having to design and code it all yourself. Once you have this in place, you can employ virtually any money-making plan you have onto your blog.
Make Money with WordPress: Putting WordPress on Your Domain
If you use WordPress on WordPress’s website, you’ll basically be marketing with your hands tied behind your back. There are several limitations with a WordPress-based blog when you use the platform on WordPress itself.
You need to actually install the WordPress software on your domain in order to make money with WordPress without limitations. You can do this in one of two ways. First, your domain host probably offers a way to install WordPress from the control panel of your administrator dashboard. Look for the words “WordPress” or “Fantastico,” and follow the step by step instructions on the screen. By the time you finish, you’ll have a username and password to use in order to log into your new WordPress blog at the administrator level.
There’s another way you can install WordPress, however. You can open your website in an FTP manager and make a new directory, such as “Blog,” for the installation. Upload the WordPress files here, and you’ll be ready to use WordPress as a blogging platform.
Make Money with WordPress: Adding Content
You won’t make money with WordPress unless you add relevant, helpful and well-written content on a daily basis. Content is what drives visitors to your blog or website, and without it, you’ll never get found via the search engines.
How do you add this magnificent content, then? You have a couple of options.
- Hire someone to write it for you. There are thousands of freelance authors that charge anywhere from $1 per article to hundreds of dollars per article, depending upon your needs. If you just need some simple articles that don’t take a lot of research or know-how, you can get them for a fairly cheap rate.
- Write the content yourself. Despite what skills you do or don’t think you possess when it comes to writing, you can learn to write articles for your own website. After all, if you want it done right, sometimes you just have to do it yourself. This way, you’ll get exactly what you know you need for your website.
Ways to Make Money on WordPress
You can basically make money with WordPress using about the same techniques you would use on a website. Look at the following options, for example:
- Monetize with Ads: Ad networks, like Google AdSense, Kontera, Chitika and InfoLinks offer easy ways to monetize your blog. When a reader clicks on an ad, you get paid. It’s that simple!
- Advertise for Vendor Products: Sign up as an affiliate on an affiliate platform and search for products that fit your niche. When you sell a product through your link, you earn a commission.
- Sell a Membership to Your Website: If you offer amazing products or provide valuable advice on a regular basis, readers will pay for it. You can set up a plugin on WordPress to allow you to charge for membership to your website.
All these ideas offer great ways to make money with WordPress.