I have been asked several times today by members and customers for tips on how to speed up their sites. So, I thought I would change things up a little bit and show some simple tactics we use to boost site speed on most of our “Money” blogs.
As you know, we have a HUGE site here and 100s if not 1000s of blog posts and a massive members site as well, so speed is critical. In fact, most people do not realize just how much traffic they lose by having a slow site.
A recent study by Amazon showed that every 10th of a second delay is page load was 10% profits lost. For a large site like Amazon that is millions of dollars in revenue. However, for a smaller site you can imagine how much traffic and potential conversions are lost.
Not only that, page speed load times are a large factor in rankings as well. Many search engines look at sites for usability and if your site is not user friendly (in this case, SLOW) then they will give a faster site a better ranking.
So, even if you think your site is fast, you had better double check and see if these quick tips can help you.
Enjoy the video and let me know any other ways you crank extra speed out of your sites…
Resources Mentioned in this Video:
- Pingdom – Speed Testing
- W3 Total Cache – WordPress Caching Plugin
- Cloudflare – Site Supercharger and Security
- P3 Plugin Profiler – Plugin Impact Tester
- Jetpack – Swiss Army Knife of Enhancements for WordPress
- NRelate – Third Party Related Posts Plugin
- Amazon S3 – Amazon’s CDN System (Pay per use and very cheap)
- MaxCDN – Another popular CDN