It doesn’t matter how many visitors your site attracts, if they are not converting to sales, then your site will never make REAL money. Believe it or not, a few tweaks here and there may be all that you need in order to turn incoming traffic into a viable source of income. Before you take the time and effort and revamp your entire marketing campaign, check out these quick fixes that can yield big time results!
– Pay attention to your copywriting. Every word illicit a different thought or emotion from the reader. Utilize the big power words that can be found here. When you are using power words, ensure that you aren’t using them repetitively as this will diminish the effect.
– Statistics and tangible data should be your best friend. Opinions only carry so much weight when it comes to persuading potential consumers to make a purchase. People truly only care about verifiable results.
– Be aware of your use of color. Studies have shown that various color schemes and their combinations will illicit different moods, thoughts, and psychological responses. This can be extremely helpful if used correctly, but can also hinder progress if not properly monitored.
– Proper testing takes time. All too often marketers utilize an A/B testing method, but never allow the test to progress long enough for REAL results. Just because a method isn’t killing it right out of the gates does not mean that it won’t work in the long run.
– What works for some, may not work for you. What works you, may not work for others. Undoubtedly, you’ve seen other marketing sites report “so and so method improved visitors by 4,000,000%”. Their entire business plan could be completely different from yours, so don’t get upset if it doesn’t work quite as well.
– If a picture is worth 1,000 words, then how awesome are videos? Videos can help a business present their message in a captivating manner while also giving a more human-like feel to the page. Plus, there are some people that simply dislike reading and would greatly appreciate a video instead.
– Just because videos work does not mean that you should abandon text all together. There are also people out there that would prefer to skim through text instead of sitting through a lengthy video. By utilizing text and video, you can have the best of both worlds.
– Decreasing steps can help improve the buyer experience. No one likes to jump through hoops just to make a purchase. Every added step is simply another point at which customers will be able to fall out of your sales funnel.
– Don’t assume your potential customers know what to do. Use the KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid). Walk them through every step of your funnel. If you want them to click on a button, clearly tell them to click on the button. If you want them to sign up for your newsletter, have an arrow that shows them where the box is. This may seem as if you’re babying your target market, but it is necessary to maximize conversions.
– Social proof is a powerful weapon. In a recent post, Dealing With Online Reviews we mentioned that 79% of consumers trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation from a friend.
Testing is a continuous process that pertains to all aspects of your business (both online and offline).
We can all agree that traffic is an absolute MUST for any online business. However, setting some time aside to improve the finer points of conversion optimization may greatly benefit you and your business in the long run.