Lead nurturing is an integral part of any effective marketing campaign that involves bonding with potential buyers across multiple channels. This applies even if these consumers are not actively looking to buy a product or service. Prospects don’t become buyers overnight. It takes time for them to build trust in a brand and lead nurturing helps this process develop. Some of the best tips for lead nurturing for sales and marketing are listed below.
Use Effective Targeted Content
- Targeted content is simply the right content delivered to a relevant audience at the best time. Leads nurtured with targeted content have been shown to produce a 20 percent increase in sales opportunities. Strategic nurturing with targeted content can improve the results of your marketing campaign significantly. This may seem obvious, but this is a concept that marketers are not grasping. It has been reported by Forrester Research in 2015 that 33 percent of b2b advertisers state that the use of targeted delivery of their content is their toughest lead nurturing obstacle.
Know Your Audience
- To master the use of targeted content for lead nurturing it is necessary to first understand your buyers. Then, you must create a variety of targeted content produced to nurture each unique persona according to objectives, interests, goals and buying triggers. Finally, use a marketing automation platform to help categorize your select buyer personas as you assess your marketing strategy.
Venture Out Beyond Email Marketing
- Most marketers claim only about 20 percent of their email gets opened. It used to be standard practice to send out generic emails to prospect lists. Today, only using email as a lead nurturing strategy has its problems. First, few marketers report an email open rate of more than 20 percent according to a recent Oracle survey. In addition, almost 80 percent of leads never lead to sales. Poor performance is responsible for the consistent lack of sufficient lead nurturing.
Explore Multi-Channel Nurturing Tactics
- Look beyond email to more effective marketing automation platforms where savvy advertisers are launching multi-channel lead nurturing This type of strategy typically involves email marketing combined with direct sales, engaging website content, social media and much more. Since so much is happening at once your teams need be well aligned and working cohesively to execute this properly.
Follow-up in a Timely Manner
- The chances of a lead converting into a sale are more than 20 times greater when the prospect is contacted in the first five minutes versus a half hour later. It is so beneficial to follow up immediately, but most companies know this and still aren’t quick to act. Harvard Business Review published a recent article featuring how U.S. companies have incredibly slow response times.
You can reach a significant number of prospects through automated lead nurturing, but nothing beats a timely follow-up phone call or email. It is often still the best way to convert leads into sales. The odds are exponentially higher when action is taken immediately after a website conversion.
Lastly, let me know your thoughts and what other tips for Lead Nurturing that have worked for you. Leave a comment below and I look forward to hearing from you.